I spent two hours last night making the water...

July 19, 2004 by Adam in NWN1

I spent two hours last night making the water levels in a certain sewer area work properly. It was extremely frustrating as my animated water placeable simply would not work. It would sporadically appear or disappear with the texture usually showing up as black. Quite ugly.

The new solution uses a TileMagic approach, applying vfx's to invisible objects. There's some problems with it, mostly having to do with them not being perfectly in synch, but it looks relatively okay so I'll stick with it for now.

Not a peep from the testers over the weekend, I think because they've all played through at least once. I added a bunch of content in response to their comments, fixing issues as I go. I'm torn between polishing it up a bit more and trying to go for another round of testing. Either way, I'd like to release at the end of the week. I'll probably do some cleanup today, get organized, and take it from there. I just want to make sure there's no game-stopping bugs before I release it all, hopefully later this week.

permalink| comment

Older Posts


Dragon Age
Dragon Age Central

Interviews, etc.

Why We Fight

About Me

I've won multiple awards for my Neverwinter Nights modules, which I've been working on since the year 2000. In the real world, I'm a web developer for a healthcare organization. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.